The Trebnje Centre for Education and Culture is a public organization, established by the Trebnje municipality to promote and develop adult education. Organization has two units: Gallery of Naïve Artists and Adult education centre. CIK Trebnje is also the lead partner of Local Action Group Suhe krajine, Temenice in Krke (LAG STIK).
CIK offers a comprehensive range of education programmes: from elementary school for adults to secondary education programmes, as well as numerous non-formal education programmes (general education, vocational training and different courses). In recent years, increasing attention has been given to various projects that develop and encourage lifelong learning among different target groups, to raise their level of literacy, especially of socially week (elderly, rural residents, members of the Roma community, special needs persons, the unemployed, young, persons serving a prison sentence, etc).
The main sphere of activities:
– primary education for adults is intended for all adults with incomplete elementary education wishing to complete elementary school and enrol on further education courses
– participants of vocational and technical education in the areas of economics, catering, commerce, administration, tourism and pre-school education are adults that have not managed to attain or complete their vocational or technical education during the course of regular education, or their existing education does not meet labour market requirements
– Courses: language courses, Slovene for foreigners, computer literacy, accounting and bookkeeping courses, assistant chef, home care nurse
– Third age University is intended for the retired population and aims to prevent loneliness among the elderly, increase their inclusion in education and society, as well as encourage active citizenship
– Intergenerational learning centre providing different programs where older learners and students engage in learning together in a third level environment, we engage older people and our students, young and children from the local area in teaching and learning together, especially to learn basic ICT skills, handcrafts, dancing, language courses…
– National and multilateral projects.